Volvo Debuts Updated L90H Wheel Loader at World of Asphalt 2018
Offering up to 20 percent greater fuel efficiency, added versatility and lower lifetime operating costs, the new L90H, featuring H-Series 2.0 updates, is a multi-talented powerhouse.
“The L90H wheel loader features updates to its transmission and torque converter that shorten cycle times and provide up to 20 percent greater fuel efficiency. It also has a higher tipping load and dump height,” said Chris Connolly, product manager, wheel loaders at Volvo Construction Equipment.
Among the new features are:
- Delayed engine shutdown: reduces engine wear by avoiding hot turbo shutdowns
- Electro-servo hydraulic controls: features adjustable sensitivity and allows operators to shift quickly between linear and single-lever controls
- Torque converter lockup with selectable modes: lowers rpm and increases speed, saving fuel
- New loader arm design: optimized design resulting in increased payload
- Slidable cooler: provides easier access to remove dirt and debris
- Rim pull control: reduces wheel spin and slippage, thereby saving fuel, reducing tire wear and improving productivity
- Tipping load: increased by 3.4% increase over previous generation
- Dump height: 3 inches higher than prior generation
- External axle coolers: minimizes the risk of overheating and prolongs axle oil change interval
- Smart Control: improves engine and hydraulic harmony, improves fuel efficiency and lowers driveline duty
- Smooth Control: improves fuel efficiency and operator comfort during load and carry/transport
FULL H-SERIES 2.0 EXPANSION
The L90H, as well as updated L60H and L70H models, will be available in late summer 2018. Note that all new features may not be available on all models and all new features may not be available at the same time for any given model.
In February, Volvo launched H-Series 2.0 updates on three larger models of wheel loaders: the L150H, L180H and L220H.
(The previous article “Volvo Introduces New Combinations Rollers at World of Asphalt 2018” was archived on April 25, 2018 via https://www.volvoce.com.)