Construction Equipment Spring Maintenance Tips
Spring is in the air and it’s time to maintenance your equipment. Whether it’s been sitting all winter or working throughout the cold months, even basic maintenance will save you valuable time and reduce stress when the window for working hours get tight.
Preventative Maintenance Tips for your Equipment:
- Check the battery charge, if you have any doubts about it, replace it and save yourself the hassle once the busy season starts.
- Check fluid levels on your machine, especially oil and coolant.
- Inspect filters and replace any that appear clogged, you never know where a mouse may have found a home for the winter.
- Check bolts and fittings, making sure any external attachments are tight and secure.
- Inspect your machine’s tire – how is the tread? Are they balanced or do some need re-inflation? Are there any cuts or nicks in the side-walls that could lead to a blow out?
- Check on air conditioning and cooling systems; don’t wait for the heat to arrive first!
- Perform annual service if you neglected to before storing the unit.
- Prime the fuel system before attempting to start the machine if it has been sitting all winter.
- Test and make sure hydraulic systems are cleaned and operating properly
- Perform daily maintenance and clean out the cab
At Redhead Equipment our parts and service department are here to help you do whatever it takes to keep you up and running throughout the season. Call or visit your local Redhead Equipment for information on Spring Maintenance Packages available to you.