Case IH Launches Next Generation of Maxxum Series Tractors
Additional strength, durability and industry-leading features for any task at hand
Case IH is launching a new lineup of Maxxum® series tractors that integrate strength and durability custom fit for your operation. 2018 enhancements combine efficient power, versatility, comfort and convenience to handle the day-to-day demands of beef, dairy and row crop operations. Plus, the new ActiveDrive 8 transmission delivers uninterrupted torque through more working speeds, faster shuttle shifts and simplified shifting.
“New Maxxum tractors are loaded with powertrain innovation to bring more productivity to your operation,” said Cole Carling, Marketing Manager for Case IH Maxxum, Puma® and Optum™ tractors. “We are launching the most innovative features for Maxxum tractors since the transition to the patented SCR-only emissions solution in 2012.”
Producers now can choose between three configurations: the ActiveDrive 4 semi-powershift transmission, new ActiveDrive 8 dual-clutch transmission and CVXDrive™ continuously variable transmission. Designed to increase productivity, the new ActiveDrive 8 24-speed transmission features eight powershift speeds in three electronically shifted ranges. The middle range offers working speeds between 2.4 and 10.7 mph without torque interruptions or requiring range changes.
“We anticipate producers will use the middle range for 90 percent of field applications,” said Carling. “With ActiveDrive 8, the transmission automatically selects the right gear, not ‘just’ the next gear, when the operator requests more or less ground speed.”
A key attribute to the ultimate loader tractor is the ability to aggressively shuttle between forward and reverse. With just the simple push of a button, the responsiveness of the dedicated forward and reverse shuttle clutches can be tailored to a producer’s loading task. Plus, to reduce operator fatigue during repetitive material handling tasks, innovations such as Adaptive Steering Control (variable ratio steering), as well as automated transmission features like memory shuttle and brake-to-clutch, make the Maxxum tractor the right choice for your next loader tractor.
Since its introduction in 1989, Maxxum series tractors have had a reputation for longevity, durability, reliability and productivity. With that legacy in mind, the next step of its evolution includes:
- The ActiveDrive 8 24-speed transmission that introduces double-clutch transmission technology to the Case IH tractor lineup.
- Automated features like smart range shift, memory shuttle, and brake-to-clutch, which simplify speed selection, enhance productivity and reduce operator fatigue.
- Aggressive new grill and hood styling enhance cooling system performance, plus mechanical efficiencies in the transmission and automated features reduce fluid consumption by up to 5 percent, compared
- with the previous model.
- An optional advanced loader joystick, which incorporates speed control at your fingertips while operating your loader.
- Heavy-duty 2WD configuration, which meets the needs of diverse farming operations.
- The toughest MFD front axle ever offered on Maxxum tractors for the most demanding applications: the Class 4 Heavy Duty MFD front axle.
“Maxxum ActiveDrive 4, Maxxum ActiveDrive 8, and Maxxum CVXDrive tractor configurations can be equipped to meet the needs of your operation,” said Carling.
Producers can find comfort in what they know and trust about Maxxum tractors. Quality engineering and innovative technology remain the foundation of each Maxxum tractor. The Maxxum tractor lineup includes:
- Five models ranging from 116 to 145 engine hp, delivering 95 to 125 PTO hp
- Tier 4 B/Final SCR-only Efficient Power technology, creating more power with less fuel
- Front 3-point hitch and PTO options deliver power for snow removal and other specialty applications
- Optional electronic or mechanical rear hydraulic remote valves
- Factory-installed AFS AccuGuide™ with AFS Pro 700 display or AFS ElectriSteer autoguidance options, which increase productivity
- Extended routine service intervals, including 600-hour oil change interval, which reduce downtime
(The previous article “Case IH Launches Next Generation of Maxxum Series Tractors” was archived on July 31 2017 via http://media.cnhindustrial.com/.)